Tuesday, March 18, 2008

May The Luck Of The Irish Be With You!

Top o' the morning to ye, my lads and lassies.
As most of you know, I love doing themed dinners
and St. Patrick's Day is the perfect occasion to get
creative. (to be honest, I took most of these ideas
from my Celebrations cookbook that I got for
Christmas last year-Thanks Jennifer!). The dinner
was good but I must admit, the company was
even better!



Cheers!


A close up of the spread. We had a mix
of Irish food and green food for our
dinner. We started with Irish soda
bread. Then we had Irish beef and
carrot stew with green mashed potatoes.
To finish up, we had a lime chiffon pie.
I had green beer, the kids had green
Sprite and John had Guinness to drink.


These are four leaf clover ice cubes. (you have
to use a little imagination with these) I froze
Sprite, then laid lime quarters, froze them
and froze another layer of Sprite.


The kids had "fancy" drinks with dinner. I dyed
Sprite green and then floated one of the four leaf
clover ice cubes in it.


You can't have a big ole dinner without dessert!
I made a lime chiffon pie, although it isn't an Irish
dish, it meets the criteria by being green. It was
a perfect way to end the meal, yummy and low in
calories.

8 comments:

tamandscott said...

How fun you are! I'm so impressed!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a creative cook you are. Perhaps a new career as a theme chef is in the future. You are creating such wonderful memories for your family. Great to hear from you. Love, Lue

Angie said...

You rock! I wish I put that much energy into fun family things. Just think of the stories you are creating for your kids to tell their kids! (Not to mention the blackmail with John wearing funny hats!)

Anonymous said...

Great ideas!! I think that you and John should take your "show on the road"!! We miss you lots!! :)

Love, Your Other Mom and Dad
AKA: Grammy & Pappa

Anonymous said...

Still up to your old tricks I see ;). What a great dinner and fun too!

Michael, Sophia, Toni, and Rich

Anonymous said...

I am green with envy. Wish we were there. Grandpa and grandma

Amy and Allen said...

That is quite the meal!! Looks yummy!!

Grandpa Winnie said...

I cannot believe how those kids have grown. It looks and sounds as though you are having so much fun. How wonderful for all of you. I hope to stop by in my RV if and when my travels come that way,
Miss you all and hope to get to Margey & Dave's soon.
Love you all,
Grandpa Winnie