Friday, March 21, 2008

An Eggs-travaganza

We were eggs-uberant when The Hurley Family and The Gang
eggs-epted the invitation we eggs-tended to help us start our
Easter celebrations early. We kicked off the party with some
pizza for lunch, followed by some egg coloring and finished
up with an egg hunt. We had 3 egg kits so there were plenty
of bowls for everyone and a variety of ways to add
finishing touches. The kids had a super fun time and
the moms were eggs-tatic there weren't any
serious injuries. :) The afternoon was eggs-actly what I
hoped for, a wonderfully crazy time.

Thank you to Peggy, Kyle, Trent, Logan, Mel, Lucas,
Maryssa, Tori and Noah for helping us celebrate
our first Easter in New Mexico!!!


Our egg warriors.
Tori, Lucas, Maryssa and Kyle are in the back row.
Ian, Logan, Crazy Jenna, Noah and Trent are in the
front row.
Not pictured, Super Mom Peggy and The Great
and Powerful--Melodie.


The controlled chaos of dying eggs with 9 children.
They eggs-ercised caution and no one spilled, dropped
or flipped any of our dye bowls. Well, eggs-ept me
when we first set out the bowls but that doesn't count. :)


Jenna, Ian and Tori were eggs-ited to finally be decorating
eggs.

Logan, Trent and Jenna dunking those eggs.



Lucas, Noah, Maryssa and Kyle working hard.



Maryssa was working eggs-tremely
diligently on her egg. She was using
the shiny foil to give her egg a
speckled appearance.

Here is a finished egg of Ian's. He also eggs-ecuted the
speckled egg technique. Didn't it turn out
eggs-tordinary?

Trent took some eggs-tra time to stencil some
designs onto his eggs.


Mel and Peggy saw a segment on the Today Show
that said to use rubber bands to make cool
designs on your eggs as you dye them. Here is
an eggs-ample of using more than one rubber band.

Kyle used the stickers from our camo egg kit and
one of the stencils to make his soldier egg. He later
add a pink beard to egg-centuate the face.


Jenna showing off one of her eggs-quisite eggs.


Here is an eggs-hibit of some of our final products.
These particular eggs are the eggs-lempary handiwork of
Lucas, Maryssa, Tori and Noah.

Here are Maryssa and Tori searching for their
6 eggs.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be the oldest. We
let the kids start the hunt based on age so by
the time it was Kyle's turn to join in the fun, all
the easy eggs were found. We had to give him
hints to find his last three. I think if he had taken
off the mask, he might have had better luck. :)

Some of the boys crashed on the couch, eggs-hausted
after their hard work. They used this downtime to check
out their loot. You can see Tori and her famous
smile in the background.



John said that now he needs an Eggs-edrin because
I used the "egg" words eggs-cessivly but I thought
it was a wonderful eggs-cuse to be creative! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time and your creations turned out eggscellent. Hope you have a Happy Easter!!

Toni, Rich, Michael, & Sophia

Anonymous said...

You take dying eggs to the eggstreme. I hope my eggs look eggsactly like yours. I hope your were eggstra careful to not spill. Would it be eggsagerating to say this was the Easter party of the year?

Grandpa and Grandma

Amy and Allen said...

What fun!! The eggs turned out awesome!!

Angie said...

Oh man. I was going to try to be eggxtra creggtive with my words, but Grandpa was too good. I don't even want to see how creegtive Tammie will be. After all she is an eggcellent writing teacher. You win for Easter parties. I wish I was as fun as you! We even forgot to color eggs! I guess we will tomorrow!

Awesome party and as always awesome pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great, now my brain is scrambled!!!

Greg