egg hunt, we are ready for the real thing.
Or are we????

We showed up at the park, pails in hand and ready
to find some eggs. Only...we were the only ones who
showed up. I drove past that sign each morning
while taking the kids to school and never noticed
the DATE on the sign. Toni and I asked all kinds of
people where the egg hunt was and were shocked when
no one else seemed to be looking for it. We "asked"
Richie, Toni's husband, to walk ALL THE WAY back
to the front of the park to read the sign.
Yup...we were a week early. And, once again we
realize why Toni is the planner in our group. She
would have never sent us to an egg hunt an entire
week early! And, it explains the annoyed looks on
our kids' faces.

Really Mom? A picture with a blow up bunny????

Jenna and Sophia, such sweet girls.

The egg hunters, extraordinaire. Jenna, Ian, Michael
and Sophia. Don't they look ready for some
Whomp Stompin' fun?

North Fort Myers Egg Hunt Chaos.
Toni and I were busy chatting when we hear the
MC yell GOOOO! So we sent our girls our into
the madness. Next thing we know,
Moms are crying and cursing us "terrible Moms" who
weren't paying attention. And, when I say crying,
I mean tears streaming down TH MOM'S face while
"comforting" her daughter. This lady kept saying things
like Toni and I were terrible parents because we
weren't listening and we cheated her child eggs and that
our kids shouldn't get to participate in the next hunt.
It truly was madness. In the end, they made the kids
throw the eggs back and have a "do over". All of the kids
got eggs and ended on a happy note. Well, except the
ultra crabby Mom who never really forgave us for almost
cheating her daughter out of the egg hunt.

No such chaos with the older kids. Here are Ian
and Michael heading in with their treats. I guess
Dads pay better attention to directions since they
aren't as deep in conversation as us Moms.

I have no idea if you can read this or not.
It is a recipe for "Easter Cookies" that
was in one the church's bulletins. (thanks
to Carol Adams who made sure
I got a copy of the recipe) These are to be
done on Easter Eve to symbolize the
Jesus' last days on Earth.

Here are the kids "beating" the nuts. This symbolizes
how Jesus was beaten and crown of thorns that he
had to endure.

Fast forward to the end: we had to seal the
cookies in our "tomb". The oven had been
previously warmed and this heat is what
bakes the cookies. When we checked
them in the morning, the cookies were cracked
open. This was to symbolize Jesus rising from
the dead. What a win-win project. The kids
were exposed again to the story of The Passion
of Christ....and we got to eat yummy cookies.

Easter egg hunt after Church.
I LOVE this dress!

WOW...that's a lot of eggs! My
niece Morgan stayed over that
night. We all went to Church and
then the Easter Egg hunt. There
were more eggs than the kids
could carry. Each child that
participated, had eggs mounding
over the top of her basket.
No comments:
Post a Comment