NO SCHOOL!!!! Overnight we had some crazy winds
(gusts around 50 mph) along with freezing rain and
snow that left our roads coated in ice. So what do
you do when school is closed due to snow? Head outside
for some snowy fun of course! We don't have the proper
sledding equipment, so we improvised and used cookie
sheets. It took a few tries before the kids got the hang of it.
They would push off from the top of the driveway and
coast out to the road. It turns out that school being closed
due to snow is much more fun than school being closed
due to hurricanes!
HOORAY FOR SNOW DAYS!!!!!

This really shows how much snow fell last night.

Thankfully, no one cracked their head on the driveway.




It's a good thing we live on a slow street because
the sleds worked best on the road. Ian happened
to win this race but I don't think Jenna really
minded. She was already heading back for another
round!
round!
Our sleds made great shields too! Doesn't it
seem like I post a lot of pictures of Ian getting
ready to chuck a snowball at someone?
Ever since Jenna made her angels,
Ian has been dying for his chance to make one.
Finally, my angel got to make an angel.
Snow + 30 mph winds + the desert=mud.
We only had snow in the corners of the "yard" and
as you can see, the drifts had a very pretty
covering of dirt.





7 comments:
I am so jealous!!! I was justing saying that we need a snow day but I guess it will never happen here :(. Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
What fun. Trust you to turn a bad weather day into a day these kids will remember forever. Grandpa &Gramdma
Looks like fun!! Wish it would snow here soon!!
This is why moving to NM is so fun! Congrats on a snow day! It really looked like fun!
Laundry baskets also make great sleds!
Love, Greg
oh no...I'd bet you scratched the bottom of those pans!
Looks like lots of fun!! Where are the other house? Looks like you were all out there alone in the big desert.
We think you should pack up some snow and send it to Chelsea and Morgan! :)
Love, Grammy and Pappa
Post a Comment