Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hiking Embundo Trailhead Canyon with Mel and The Girls

We spent one Sunday hiking the Embundo Trailhead Canyon Trails
with Mel and The Girls. The kids and I were planning a trip to the
trails and when we mentioned it to Mel, she was eager to join us. Mel
and I packed our backpacks full of water, food and first aid supplies,
our cell phones were charged. Our kids were slathered in sunscreen
and had jackets around their waists, just in case. As we hiked, we
started passing other hikers. One was just wearing her I Pod, one
older couple was out for their morning stroll and another was out
walking the dog. As we hiked to the top of a trail, we got a good look
at the surrounding area....and we were surrounded by neighborhoods.
I guess we weren't really hiking trails through the wilderness like we
thought we were.

Despite our over packed backpacks, we had an awesome hike. The
kids loved climbing up the different rock formations. After a few hours,
we headed to a nearby park for a picnic and some play time. It was yet
another fantastic adventure here in The Land on Enchantment.

If you would like more information on hiking on the Sandia Mountain,
here is a link to check out. http://www.cabq.gov/openspace/sandiafoothills.html

Thanks Mel, Tori and Maryssa for sharing it with us.




Our climbers in action


King of the Really Big Rock


Again, hiking is not one of Jenna's favorite
adventures. This is how Jenna would prefer
to hike these trails. Thankfully, Mel was
with us to help her out.
"Are we having fun yet?" What they were
really saying was "C'mon, we are SOOOO
hungry. Can we pleassseeee stop to eat???"
I think that we hadn't hiked 10 minutes before
our kids starting asking for lunch...at 10 am.

Maryssa enjoying the view.


Jenna, Ian and Tori with Albuquerque in the background.


Ahhhh, a chance to rest.


I about had a heart attack watching
Jenna slide down the pole. She thought
this was so fun that she did it over and
over again. She is so stinkin' brave.

What a great day for a hike and an even better
day for a picnic in a new park!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look like you had a great time! I'm loving Jenna's 'just-hang-on-to-mom" hiking technique. I bet Ian is a great climber. What a fun experience.

Love you guys!

Angie said...

I want to play more there...when it is not freezing cold. Are you sure you have to move back?